3D Laser Scanning for Design-Build
3D Laser Scanning for Design-Build Construction Projects
Laser scanning is quickly becoming the first step in the design-build construction process. By allowing state-of-the-art hardware and software to capture and share as-built information throughout the organization, you are able to focus on delivering your projects on-time and on-budget.
3D laser scanning provides accurate as-built site data to help design-build projects move seamlessly through the design and construction process. Virtual data provides a single source to collaborate and expedite decision making. Accurate data is invaluable in design planning, prefabrication, procurement, and construction. Teams can foresee potential issues and plan specifically around these to prevent problems before they happen.
Data can be turned into high quality 2D CAD drawings and 3D BIM models to unify project recommendations and determine the timeline and budget.
Nationwide Directory Request a Quote Request a Presentation Case Studies
The Advantages of Laser Scanning
- Precise, high-speed as-built survey
- Exact locations and measurements of existing conditions
- Expedite project planning and team collaboration
- Eliminate site disruption and revisits
- Reduce change orders
- Estimate project cost and timeline
- Point Cloud Data (Raw Data)
- 2D CAD Drawings
- 3D BIM Models
- 3D Mesh
- Advanced Analysis and Calculations
CAD Modeling Software
- Civil 3D
- BIM 360
- 3DS Max
- AutoCAD Map 3D
TruePoint Has Provided 3D Laser Scanning Services for Many Clients
- Asset Managers
- Electrical Engineers
- Facility Owners
- Mechanical Engineers
- Project Managers
- Plumbing Engineers
- Structural Engineers
If you’re not already using it, now is the time to start looking into bringing 3D laser scan technology to your projects. 3D scanning is transforming the way designers and contractors work.
The TruePoint team will provide the best experience in laser scanning by walking you through the entire process from pre-planning to final deliverables. Contact TruePoint Laser Scanning today at 419-843-SCAN (7226) or email us at email@example.com for more information about laser scanning services for design-build projects.
Design-Build Project Related Case Studies
- "Our disciplines have been utilizing the Point Cloud and TruView information and it has been of value. We have discovered a few clashes with our structural steel, which may not have ever been caught, so I feel the service has already paid for itself."
- - Joseph G, P.E., Project Manager
- “We have been very pleased with the results of the scanning process. The product has been very useful. And has certainly helped in the development of the project. I would certainly use TruePoint again on future projects.”
- - John G., President and Principal Architect
- “Thanks for jumping into this assignment so quickly. What a great and productive trip. You guys work tirelessly, non-stop with all aspects of the set-up and execution. Your ability to master the technology is a game changer for us.”
- - Don A., Executive Vice President, Director of Architecture, Engineering and Technology
- “The scan helped tremendously and has saved us quite a bit of time and trouble.”
- - Gene A., Mechanical Integrity Engineer
- “[The Technician] did a good job of getting up to speed and working with little or no direction, which helped us concentrate on our other needs on site.”
- - Steve H., Project Manager