Top 10 Reasons to Hire an Experienced Laser Scanning Company
Laser scanning looks easy… you just push a button, right? Well, let me tell you that not all 3D laser scanning companies are created equal. Here are the top 10 reasons to hire an EXPERIENCED laser scanning company:
10) EVOLVING TECHNOLOGY. Technology, workflows and software are constantly evolving. Hire a company who is performing these services every day and staying up on the latest trends.
9) TRAVEL COSTS. Reduce internal travel costs by using a company with nationwide service and allow more focus on revenue generation and project management vs. data collection.
8) LIABILITY. Limit your exposure by hiring a professional. Does your firm want to take on the risk of making a subtle mistake that could be costly?
7) SOFTWARE LICENSES. Specialized software such as Cyclone, EdgeWise, Scene, Build-It, Revit, AutoCAD, etc., cost substantial dollars and take time to properly learn.
6) REDUCE EXPENSES. Experienced laser scanning companies absorb the expenses associated with purchasing hardware, firmware, training, maintenance and calibration year-in and year-out.
5) POST-PROCESSING EXPERTISE. Trust that experienced companies have developed the most efficient workflows possible to construct 2D and 3D deliverables with great accuracy.
4) REGISTRATION. There is a significant learning curve to attaining proficiency in data registration. Quality checks, removing noise, setting the coordinate system and validating the precision of registration by an experienced team ensures the most accurate measurements.
3) COST-EFFECTIVE. For those who may have thought that 3D scanning wasn’t cost-effective for their application, experience can reduce operating costs. It’s not a bad time to take another look at it.
2) ACCURATE DATA. Experience assures accurate documentation of existing conditions. This is of critical importance for design planning, cost estimation and scheduling. It reduces errors and improves efficiency.
AND THE #1 REASON TO HIRE AN EXPERIENCED LASER SCANNING COMPANY IS…
1) FIELD EXPERIENCE. Trust companies whose core competency is laser scanning. They have completed formal training and have field experience in your industry-specific setting, allowing you to focus on your core competencies. Experienced companies will understand your work processes and business objective and give you the tools to fulfill them.
TruePoint completes thousands of projects every year. We are a licensed engineering firm with a national presence that focuses solely on laser scanning. I’d be happy to provide client references, email me at email@example.com.