3D Laser Scanning for Architectural Documentation
Architectural Documentation Using 3D Laser Scanning
3D laser scanning aids the process of architectural design from site documentation, to monitoring construction progress, creating design models, and verifying as-built accuracy. TruePoint 3D Laser Scanning quickly and accurately provides comprehensive as-built documentation of a building or site unmatched by other technologies. From walls and windows to HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing, TruePoint can accurately identify and document all visible elements of a structure. 3d laser scan data lets your team focus on design rather than modeling existing conditions.
TruePoint’s team is highly experienced in architectural laser scanning, modeling and data management. The precise data collected eliminates site revisits that eat up time and resources. The precision of laser scanning allows architects to work with the finer details of a jobsite without excessive traditional documentation.
We Can Provide Customized Deliverables for Your Architectural Project
- Point Cloud / Scan Data
- 2D CAD Drawings (Site Plans, Floor Plans, Sections, Elevations)
- 3D Non-Intelligent Models
- 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- TruViews / JetStream Viewers
- Many More Customized Deliverables
What are the Benefits of 3D Laser Scanning for Architecture?
- Complete documentation of as-built conditions
- Precise, high speed data collection
- Dimensionally accurate, measurable and shareable data sets
- Fast turnaround of project data
- Decreased disruption of project environment
- Reduced need for site revisits
- Safe solution for inaccessible locations
- Reduction in change orders, delays and costs
At TruePoint, we possess the passion, resources, experience and capabilities to provide a complete range of architectural scanning services. We are dedicated to providing clients exceptional service and can mobilize to any location quickly. We have saved clients millions of dollars in lost productivity and materials with accurate and complete models to aid in design, visualization, space definition, prefabrication and clash detection.
- "Our disciplines have been utilizing the Point Cloud and TruView information and it has been of value. We have discovered a few clashes with our structural steel, which may not have ever been caught, so I feel the service has already paid for itself."
- - Joseph G, P.E., Project Manager
- “We have been very pleased with the results of the scanning process. The product has been very useful. And has certainly helped in the development of the project. I would certainly use TruePoint again on future projects.”
- - John G., President and Principal Architect
- “Thanks for jumping into this assignment so quickly. What a great and productive trip. You guys work tirelessly, non-stop with all aspects of the set-up and execution. Your ability to master the technology is a game changer for us.”
- - Don A., Executive Vice President, Director of Architecture, Engineering and Technology
- “The scan helped tremendously and has saved us quite a bit of time and trouble.”
- - Gene A., Mechanical Integrity Engineer
- “[The Technician] did a good job of getting up to speed and working with little or no direction, which helped us concentrate on our other needs on site.”
- - Steve H., Project Manager